Followers

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Final Reflection. . . .


When I first began this course I was somewhat apprehensive about it and what was to come.  I did not totally understand what an "Action Research" project was because I've never had to do something like this before.  My first impression of the class was that it would be a lot of research and writing of papers.  I must say that I was totally wrong and I am glad that I was.  I really did enjoy the class and I feel that I learned a lot about doing an Action Research project and it has really helped me to lay the groundwork for my project.  The readings from the text were very helpful and there are many ideas that I learned from it.  The book was very thorough as well as informative and I enjoyed the assigned readings because I felt that it made really dig deep into my thoughts.  I also enjoyed creating the blog.  I've always heard of people doing blogs and I thought it was something difficult or time consuming to do but once I created it I enjoyed being able to go back in and update it every once in a while.  It was also good to be able to see what other individuals had to say concerning the information that was posted on my blog site.  The information and feedback from some made me consider if I was heading in the right direction and even helped me with my action research project as far as adding or taking away from it.  As for my actual action research project, I really enjoyed the way I had to think of situations that were currently occurring on my campus that I could possibly help to fix.  I truly felt that I was able to come up with some great ideas and concepts for my campus and I am looking forward to implementing some things and hopefully from my action research project I will be able to help and improve certain situations.  The discussions were also very informative and engaging because the feedback from the others in the class was always positive and professional.  One other important aspect that I took from the class was the many ways that Administrators can examine themselves to see if they are doing the right things for their campuses.  I learned that in order to be a great leader you sometimes have to take a step back and examine yourself to make sure that you are doing the right thing.  Reflection is very important and it should be done often to ensure the success of everyone.  One of my favorite assignments that I enjoyed the most was Assignment four.  Each part offered something that I can take and use in my future as an Administrator.  I really enjoyed being able to meet and conference with my Supervisor.  It is always good to speak to someone that is in a position that I am striving to be in because they can lead me and guide me with great advice to be the best possible leader that I can be.  Overall, I must say that there were many positives in this course and I hope that all of the other courses that follow are as intriguing as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment